Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Couple Weeks In

So it's been four weeks since our world was turned upside down by our new addition.  Ireland is great and we are blessed that she is eating well, gaining weight, and growing.  Her yellow hue has faded considerably and she's sleeping about as well as one could reasonably expect.

A brief side note on what one can reasonably expect for sleep with a new baby.  I thought I remembered how difficult it was those initial weeks with Blaire, and I even felt like I was prepared for a the significant reduction in sleep that was sure to come with Ireland.  It turns out human beings, as a result of adaptation for survival, have evolved to forget the pain associated with caring for small infants.  I'm sure I slept as little with Blaire, but I sre don't recall...


No comments: