Friday, November 2, 2012

The Siren Song of Disneyland

Before Ally and I had children we went to Disneyland on a couple of occasions, just the two of us (creepy, I know).  Inevitably we would see parents there with way-to-small children (read infants) subjecting these brand new souls to the heat, noise, and sometimes questionable smells that are "The Happiest Place on Earth."

Being all knowing when it comes to kids, as all childless couples are, we vowed vehemently that we would never do such a thing, that it was clearly selfish motivation on the parents part, and that we would wait until our children were old enough to understand and enjoy the experience.  So you can imagine my surprise when Ally came to me a couple of weeks ago and said she wanted to take the girls to Disneyland.

"Blasphemy!" I shouted.  "It's ridiculous" I protested.  So naturally we went.

Two comments about the day:

1) Blaire did have fun about 70-80% of the time and we got some nice Halloween themed pictures.

2) It was every bit as much work as I anticipated and I would still recommend parents wait until their kids are a little older before taking on the DL.*

*Opinions expressed in this article are those of Dean Thompson.  Any views expressed may not be those of Allyson or any of the other Thompson Girls.



 
 


 
 

1 comment:

Sami said...

Looks like fun! Cute pictures of the girls. They both are looking so big! Can't wait till we see you guys again.