Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moving Faster Now...

Time that is.  The baby was 33 weeks last Monday and it feels like the weeks just keep passing faster and faster.  I wouldn't mind as much if we were a little more prepared.  We don't have a crib yet (though we've ordered one which will hopefully be here in the next week or two) or a bed for our doula (Ally's mom) once the baby comes.  We still need a dresser for baby's room as well, but I'm less concerned about that in the near term.  We do have a car seat, stroller, onesies, and diapers, so worst case I think we could bring a baby home and get by.

We went in for our regular check-up today with Dr. Aliabadi.  Situation normal, not much to report.  Baby seems happy and healthy.  Baby moves a lot now which is fun, at least for me... it makes me feel a little more involved.  Ally and I spend our time reading books in preparation for the arrival.  We also just finished a four week birthing class at Cedars Sinai last week.  I feel like I have a better understanding of what may happen, but still feel woefully unprepared and remain a little scared to take care of a baby.  Oh well, baby is coming either way.

Soooo much fun to have a little one on the way.  I know a rude awakening awaits when baby is external mothers belly, but for now we can't wait to meet our baby.

No comments: